Wednesday 22 October 2008

Permit me to tinkle your bell, boys

I do so like to get my leg over. That is why I am such a keen supporter of the annual Tour of Britain when those muscular young men pump their pedals over our wonderful Somerset byways. Like my trusted friend and Leader of our political group, Mrs Shortland, I was behind the riders from the word go. To quote her:

"It's not often that a political group can point to a specific time and place when they met a manifesto promise, but September was just such an occasion when people lined the streets to welcome the Tour of Britain to Somerset!"

Of course bringing the Tour to this county costs money. £150,000 every time actually - which is the sort of sum that cannot be disguised as simple expenses - even if dear Jill couldn't remember anything about it when Mr Barry Nowlam asked her. But it wasn't a lie, just an oversight. Anyone can make a mistake. Which is why no punishment is in order.

No comments: